Welcome to my Folk Art and Fancies Blog

I am a wood crafter artisan from the southwest Missouri Ozarks.I may just ramble on here about my art workings, my life, and my fancies about what I find fun and interesting in this world.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Branching Out!

  2011 is  quickly coming to an end and I thought I'd share my journey the last few months here on Mulberry Lane. I mentioned a few posts back that I was going to turn over a new leaf and post more often , but I'm learning to accept myself as I am, and my with my busy schedule, well .....
In June I posted about my newly designed
I Just got my 6th order for one of these today! One of the customers asked if I could add their dog to their birdhouse...

It was this cute little Yorkie...
They had seen my order with custom pets added to a birdhouse...
This one is a miniature Hedge Hog!
 And here's another...
Another customer asked me to add shutters to the windows, and a mat in front of the door with "Faith, Family, Friends" on it and "LOVE" wood burned in the heart on the tree...
Then I offered this size as a Wedding Card Birdhouse and I got these two orders...
I got an order for a custom one of the couple's own house...
Then I got a request for an unusual house for a Halloween Wedding! She wanted a tree on the house and a spooky tree with bats possibly hanging from it. Here is the picture of the house my customer sent to work from...
And here is my interpretation...




Here is the slot in the roof for the cards.
And I made little wooden bats and attached them with wires...
I was very busy the summer months while I was on lay off from my full time job. I have another very special custom Wedding Card House for 2012 that I'm working on...I'll post it later.

I had one wholesale order from a gift shop in PA -14 birdhouses!
2011 has been quite busy! 
My other news is I have a new grand-puppy...
                                               This is my daughter Shawna with her new baby!
Her name is Gizmo.
Shawna suggested I make Christmas tree ornaments for gifts this year,
so I made these for my two daughters.....
You all have a wonderful New Year!

Blessings, Jennifer

5 comments:

  1. Jennifer my grandson Devan and I really enjoyed seeing all of your wonderful bird houses. WOW even a Noah's Ark. I also love the one with the tree you made next to it. There are so many I like not sure if I could pick just one for a favorite! Have a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all fabulous! LOVE the addition of the trees!! Cute pets as well. Well done, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOw, your work is amazing WOW..........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have been really busy.
    I really like the birdhouse with the little yorkie outside.
    DD says your granddog is really cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!!!!!!!!!! what a busy lady you are. May His blessings overtake you in 2012

    ReplyDelete