Welcome to my Folk Art and Fancies Blog

I am a wood crafter artisan from the southwest Missouri Ozarks.I may just ramble on here about my art workings, my life, and my fancies about what I find fun and interesting in this world.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Where Country Folk Create Blog Party- Primitive Peddler Cafe Members

  This morning before I got into this post I decided to peek at a few other members blogs to look at their creative work spaces. Wow! Some of them are quite fancy! I'm just happy to have a freed up bedroom to put all my uh...40-some years of art stuff into! And my garage workshop....well you'll see. I've been trying to get organized and it is better than it was...anyway here goes...I'm having a hard time with blogger this morning. I could not get it to let me write under my pictures. I made the little shelves and paint holders behind my chair. My cork board is full of templates and stencils I've made. I painted the great white heron to the left of the window and two things above that are artworks my two daughters did in elementary school. I built all my work tables and shelves in my garage. I use all the power tools myself--table saw, scroll saw, bandsaw, drillpress, router, nailgun, belt sander, and sometimes a Dremel tool for carving. I let my husband use my tools for his own projects sometimes. I'm not a feminist, but I really love working with wood - it's lots of fun, but hard work too. hey...do you think I should put a curtain on that window? Now I gotta get out to the garage and make some more birdhouses!
 

17 comments:

  1. If you haven't seen it yet I have a Give Away contest for my heart birdhouse on the previous post. Check it out and enter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of creativity goes on in them there rooms!
    Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that's a lot of equipment! I'd have never imagined your workspace contained all of that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very impressive! I'm not a feminist either but I would love to have all those power tools of yours in my garage - and I just might let my husband use them - occasionally! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love to see people's work spaces. !

    Blogger has a new "add caption" feature on photos. You have to click on that after you upload your photo to write underneath it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your inside work room looks cozy and lived in. Looks something like my bedroom! My 9 year old grandson, Noah, loves to come into my room and just look around!

    ♥♥♥
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your work space. My workspace is in my dining room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey your work space is organized, you can tell that. I can really relate. I have a gallery room with 50 paintings on display then a bedroom for painting and surplies, another bedroom for matcutting, computer and SUPPLIES - AND half of the garage for more storing frames, etc.
    I guess the house is 35 years worth of stuff - 1/2 my art/craft/supplies.

    Good thing, I have an understanding hubby.

    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my...your spaces remind me so much of my painting days and when I was cutting my own wood! While cleaning my room I think I ran across some stuff that was at least 30 years old, so know exactly what you mean! Finally got mine posted today, too, so come take a look! ~~Annie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your spaces are wonderfully creative! Thank you so much for joining the party and sharing with us!
    Hugs & Blessings,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. How interesting to see where you create your beautiful products!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok I sooo gotta get those paint holder thingies....great space!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you are courageous to work with all those power tools! They scare me :-). I really like your space and no, I wouldn't put a curtain on that window unless you really need the privacy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW would just love come and visit with you while you create, Your space seems so cozy and inviting!
    Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, you have alot of supplies you use to make all those works of art. Your chair looks nice and comfy:) Your hubbys area looks cleaner than mine. If you're like us, you're afraid to throw a piece of wood away for fear you could use it in another project. Thanks for sharing sweety!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Carol! That's not my hubbys area...I do ALL my own woodworking. I had most all the tools before we were married 10 years ago! He bought me a band saw on my birthday. I had sold my old band saw. Sometimes he uses some of the tools for his own projects. I am a 50 some year pack rat. I worked various places in the house until a year ago when my nest started to empty. Great to have my art room! Thanks for your comments! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your spaces, they look so much like mine. I am afraid that I am late for this party!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete